[SunHELP] Magic Cookie?

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 07:53:34 CDT 2001

We've had this on this list before I think. One possible cause is your
client.

There's a setting in the Outlook (Express) options somewhere, probably on
the Send tab, Reply to messages using in the format in which they were sent.
If this is checked then even if your default sending format is plain text,
replies to HTML mails will be done in HTML.

If that option in unchecked and mails are *still* going out as HTML then
that's probably due to either deliberate configuration of - or a bug in -
your Exchange server. There are a few things you can configure to stop this,
there's an article on the MS Knowledgebase, I'll dig it up for you later if
I remember (we're have internet troubles at the moment). Or just search...

http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F

... for something like...

Exchange" "HTML" "plain text"