HTML disclaimers - Re [SunHELP] Magic Cookie?

Ledger, David sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 03:47:23 CDT 2001

 > ..... if you'd rather post from work
 > then let me try and whip up an HTML filter for you guys unlucky enough to
have
 > an HTML work suplied disclaimer.  also, if i were you, i'd complain.
explain
 > to them that 4-6 lines of 80 col wide ASCII text does the job just fine
and
 > doesn't completely piss everyone off.

It might help to point out to the mailer team that anyone reading the mail
in a way that shows a disclaimer in HTML can choose to totally ignore it as
it is hidden among code.  I gather that disclaimers often don't have any
legal value, but a hidden one certainly won't.  They're just giving
recipients a way of avoiding their message that they think is so important..

David

This is my opinion only, and not that of my employer who is ... me ..
Unless the contents indicate otherwise, it has no connection with my current
client whose email services I am using.
David Ledger - Freelance Unix SysAdmin & chair of HP/Works SysAdmin SIG
dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk - becoming dledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.demon.co.uk - becoming www.ivdcs.co.uk

Never checked if the stuff after here is HTMLised or not :-)

gpupower.co.uk or postmaster at npower.com

This outgoing e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked
(using Sophos Sweep 3.45 + patches) before leaving us (UK 08457 353637),
and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.