[SunHELP] tcp wrappers

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri May 11 11:07:33 CDT 2001

Dear Managers:

Please, I would want to know how Ican solve a problem
configuring tcp wrappers on my SunOS 5.8, I have the follow
files:

/etc/hosts.allow  , this contains:

in.ftpd: LOCAL,200.48.205.

/etc/hosts.deny  ,this contains:
ALL: ALL

my /etc/inetd.conf file looks as (at the service that I want):

ftp  stream  tcp6   nowait root  /usr/local/bin/tcpd   in.ftpd

I compiled tcpwrappers with

make sunos5

and the REAL_DAEMON_DIR  has the value = /usr/sbin

then I placed tcpd at /usr/local/bin

then I executed a kill -HUP  (inetd pid)

I noted all connections are refused including the local host,
So I tested the same configuration on a DigitalUN
IX without problems, therefore I dont  know where is the
problem's source.

I noted the inetd.conf file uses tcp6 for this service, can
be here the problem??????

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best Regards
Ernesto Freyre