[SunHELP] cant boot from cdrom on an E250 when trying to install Solaris 8

Matt Lemsing sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 01:36:05 CDT 2001

hi all,

I am currently trying to install Solaris 8 on our dev server - UltraSPARC
e250 and have followed the guide to every letter - ie -

shutdown processes then type halt ot stop + A to get to the OK prompt. Once
there type boot cdrom.

Now i am accessing the system through an old wyse terminal connected to a
serial port at the back. When i type the above, the system goes into halt
mode but doesnt reboot - the power lihgt stays on but the system is in
affect - down.

any ideas on what i need to do to get this beast tostart off the cdrom...?

cheers,

Matt Lemsing
eBusiness Technical Manager

ResMed Corporation
97 Waterloo Rd, North Ryde,
New South Wales, 2113 Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9886 5554 Fax: +61 2 9878 6815