[SunHELP] Screen Saver Password Problem

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 01:28:56 CDT 2001

On Tue 2001-05-08 (13:31), Jeff Feller wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> It seems like I've been asking to many questions lately - sorry!  This
> time I am really having a weird problem.  When I log into CDE and of
> course go to bed or something to where the screen saver password comes =
on,
> I go to unlock the screen and my password doesn't work.  I dont have CA=
PS
> ON, I'm typing it right.. but it NEVER works.  I then ssh into the mach=
ine
> and can login just fine using the exact same password as I'm trying on =
the
> screen saver.=20

Are you by any chance running xlock? There are some problems with special
charcters (those which are accessed through Alt-something) - look at the =
xlock
manual pages

The only chance to avoid that is to wait for a new release (it has been
in the todo list for quite a long time) or to avoid special characters or
to use another password for xlock (yes it's possible)

Steffen
--=20
 Steffen Grunewald | GFZ | PB 2.2 | Telegrafenberg E3 | D-14473 Potsdam
 =BB email: steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de | fax/fon: +49-331-288-1266/-1245 =AB
             All that is gold does not glitter.           =20
             Not all those who wander are lost.  -  Tolkien