[SunHELP] Testing a Sparc 20

Steven Stillaway sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 10:19:12 CDT 2001

Hello,

I have a Sparc twenty that I am trying to test if it works -- in particular
I want to see  what PROM it has.

It has no MBUS modules and no VSIMM.  It has memory and a hard disk.

I put in a TGX framebuffer and started it up.  The hard disk spun up and
the keyboard worked, but I did not get any video at all.

My suspicion is:

- Sparc 20 will not boot up without an MBUS

- It is set in headless mode and something has to be changed for it to use
my TGX

- It is broken

I hope it is not the third one, but if any one has any thought/suggestions
it would be welcome.

Thanks,

Steven Stillaway (steve at stillaway.net)
a.k.a. steve at tuxconsulting.com