[SunHELP] nvram stupidity

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 01:56:42 CDT 2001

Hi

When you replace the NVRAM on the SS2 with a blank one the system should
eventually come back to you even if you are using the Sun keyboard &
monitor. I would recommend using a serial console (disconnect the Sun
keyboard) and you will see all of the tests and it should report NVRAM
checksum error etc.

After this you should get to the ok prompt and then you will have to
initialise the NVRAM with some parameters before the system has an ethernet
and id and recognises it as a valid nvram.

Peter