[SunHELP] Jumpstart

ES Srinivas sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 02:39:01 CDT 2001

Hi All
  We have an E-250 which is configured as a Boot/Install server for Jumpstart Installation.The profile,sysidcfg, rules and the OS image are in this system.
  The client is a Netra X1 and the OS image is of Solaris 8 10/00,when I give boot net -install on the Netra X1 I get the following error message:
2a00 Warning:Boot will not enable cache
Enter:filename [kernel/sparcv9/unix]:
   Since the rule is not matched Iam being prompted with the filename most probably for interactive installation.I checked using different options of the rules file,I get the same error for all options.The contentsof the rules,profile and sysidcfg files are given below:
# more rules
any -   -   netrax15  -

# more netrax15
install_type    initial_install
system_type     server
partitioning    default
cluster SUNWCXall
usedisk c0t0d0

# more sysidcfg
system_locale=en_US
timezone=GMT+5
terminal=vt100
name_service=NONE
network_interface=dmfe0 {hostname=netrax15 ip_address=10.150.50.47 netmask=255.2
55.255.0}
root_password=root

  Can someone please suggest how to go about this.

Thanks in Advance
Srinivas

Buy Lagaan & Yaadein music for 30% less.
Avail this special offer at http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/music/offerrediffmailer.htm