[SunHELP] cdrom blues

Robert Ababurko sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 12:01:52 CDT 2001

listers-

  What is the simplest way to go about ejecting a cd from a drive.  This
should be a straight forward task, but I am sure that all of us that do not
know the secret have dealt with it more than once.  Sometimes, when trying
to use the eject command, all I get is that the device is busy.  I look at
the processes and do not seem to see anything there.  This is not to say
that there is nothing there.  It is just that I cannot see it or don't know
what to look for.  Is there a command that will solve this dilema?  I could
kill vold, but that isn't the right way to do things.  What is the right
way.  Bringing everyone back to square one!

Bob Ababurko