[SunHELP] Pci NIC cards for Ultra 10?

Erik sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 09:26:01 CDT 2001

Good Morning.. As good as it can be, seeing as though it's not Friday
yet.

I checked Suns list of "Compatible Network Interface Cards", that aren't
made by Sun. They list two, both made by Antares Microsystems, and both
way over priced.

I'm looking for a dual NIC card (Like the Intel Pro 10/100 Dual Port
Server adapter) to use in a sun box that already has a Scsi/Nic combo
card, and onboard nic on it.

I don't really need to go to a quad ethernet, it'd be a waste of money.

So my question is, is there a REAL list of compatible ethernet cards, or
are those two really the only ones that will work?

I guess what it comes down to, where can i find out if drivers exist for a
certain card for a u10?

http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/pci/networkinterface.html#ethernet

Erik Parker

"Security is a process, not a product."