[SunHELP] 1 NIC router/firewall?

Chad A. Chance sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 15:03:08 CDT 2001

Ok, one reply to all the replys I got,
This will only be a temporary solution, 2 days max will it run in the single
nic mode, then the old router/firewall box will get reconfigured for the new
IPs and droped into place of the temp SS20. I need to minimize down as much
as posible, that's why I'm looking at doing this, if down time wasn't an
option, I would bring down the current firwall, reconfigure it, drop it into
place and start reconfiguring the clients.
I have no PCs available to use as a temporary solution, all I have is a SS20
that is going to be the new internal development box, but I have some time
to play with it.
I have had EXTREMLY bad luck with NICs for my SUNs, I've gotten 4 in the
last 3 months that are bad and I'm not willing to play the e-bay game any
more. I do have a spare laptop and 2 PCMCIA NICs, but it refuses to use both
at the same time.

I've been trying to get a solution for this for 3 months now, and every turn
I take I hit a brick wall, now it's down to crunch time and I have to make
this work somehow, someway, without downtime and any money spent.

If anybody has a better idea, I'm willing to listen, I just don't have much
to work with here...

Chad