[SunHELP] .rhosts question

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 7 08:45:29 CDT 2001

A quick google throws up...

http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?rhosts+5

EXAMPLES
     somehost
           A common usage:  users on somehost may login to the local host as
           the same user name.
     somehost username
           The user username on somehost may login to the local host.  If
           specified in /etc/hosts.equiv, the user may login with only the
           same user name.
     + at anetgroup username
           The user username may login to the local host from any machine
           listed in the netgroup anetgroup.
     +
     + +
           Two severe security hazards.  In the first case, allows a user on
           any machine to login to the local host as the same user name.  In
           the second case, allows any user on any machine to login to the
lo-
           cal host (as any user, if in /etc/hosts.equiv).

Hmm, NetBSD man pages look nice and comprehensive (compared to Red Hat),
certainly more so than linux. I've been meaning to download a BSD variant to
play with for a while. :)