[SunHELP] SS20 VSIMMs or alternative Framebuffers

James Lockwood sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 06:49:52 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Gereon Stein wrote:

> I'll keep checking on eBay for the VSIMM though, memoryx _do_ carry them,
> but $228 is tough for a mere 8Megs, blame it on the scarce supply, I guess.

http://www.bodoman.com/unix/sun.html

4MB VSIMMs for $85/ea.  I've seen better (I sell mine for around $70/ea
when I have them) but that's a pretty good deal.

Keep in mind that while the SX is much faster than most of the
alternatives, it's still not lightning fast.  If you're used to the
graphics update speed of a TGX you may find yourself becoming slightly
annoyed with bitblitting speed.

Then again, I lived with a GT on my SS2 for 2 years and I survived.  It
was so slow I could watch the scanlines being drawn.

-James