[SunHELP] Sorta OT: Good Firewall

Jan Johansson sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 17:50:12 CST 2001

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 10:53:02AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> OpenBSD all the way.  Fast, secure, and a bloody easy install.  The
> documentation is a bit sparse, and tends to suck, but there's enough
> there that's correct to get a basic firewall up and running.  You should
> definately scrap the commertial SSH distribution, and go with OpenSSH.
> That machine is plenty fast, unless you're routing a couple of T1s or
> something strange.  :)

I second the motion for OpenBSD especially for that kind of hardware.

I would though argue that the documentation suck, OpenBSD is known to
have the best man pages of all unixes, there however is no handhelding
installshield step by step learn nothing junk.

This comes from the sence that read this and learn what you are doing
or do not do it at all.

Else there is always the choice of Ipf on Solaris, never tried it but
i guess it is the same as OpenBSD ipf.