[SunHELP] Changing Domainname

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 25 14:25:21 CST 2001

I presume you are talking about the NIS domainname.
If so, Kill any yp process running as root.
Change /etc/defaultdomain  with the new domian name.
Update your /etc/hosts file with the new NIS servers you will be pointing to.
Run ypinit, so yp will look at the new servers and restart your NIS processes
(ypbind, ypserve as needed)

If it is your DNS domain,that has to be changed on your DNS master first.
Then configure /etc/resolv.conf for a new domain and search and possibly
pointing to a new DNS server pair/triplet.
Should not have to restart anything.

Mark

Naresh Narang <nareshnarang at 123india.com> on 01/25/2001 02:40:06 PM

Please respond to sunhelp at sunhelp.org