[SunHELP] more on mirroring

Scanlan, Brian (5188) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 24 11:23:47 CST 2001

Hey,

FAQ 2373 on Sunsolve.sun.com might help ya out...

The way I've done it before, 'cos it seemed to have the least
nonsense involved (somebody please point out if this has any
flaws...) was to comment out the Disksuite relevant
lines in /etc/system and change the lines for the relevant
filesystems in /etc/vfstab to just use the /dev/dsk entries.

Then when ya have the replacement disk, just go through the
installation of Disksuite process.

Have backup /etc/system and /etc/vfstab in place at all time,
you might even have those altered /etc/system and /etc/vfstab's
in place so you're not attempting this the first time when
your disk fails. ;)

This way seemed to be the quickest to describe over the phone to
a panicy clueless sysadmin, oh to be back in support. ;)

Brian.