[SunHELP] Sparcstation 20 Crashes

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 23 08:35:01 CST 2001

The other problem could be that the bearings are going on the fans.
When the bearings go, the fans don't turn at full speed, so you don't get enough
cooling.
I've seen this happen on everything fron notebooks to E6500s.

Also, try pulling the supply and blowing out the dust.  Just don't over rev the
fans.
Stick a pencil in them - good way to really kill the bearings ; ((

Mark

Melinda Taylor <melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au> on 01/21/2001 06:40:33 PM

Please respond to sunhelp at sunhelp.org