[SunHELP] Lexmark Z31 Color printer

Lund, Dennis sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 11:44:22 CST 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0823F.761130C4

Has anyone got a Lexmark Z31 (or any other Lexmark inkjet printer) to work?

I have on attached to the parallel port on a Sparc 5.  I used I have it
set to use "/dev/bpp0".  When I print to it (lp -dlexmark filename) nothing
prints.

I have seen several bug reports in sunsolve with people using the following
to send print jobs to a Lexmark:

	cat filename > /dev/bpp0

I have not tried this and was wondering if it would work?

Dennis L. Lund

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail
and delete it from your computer.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0823F.761130C4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Lexmark Z31 Color printer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Has anyone got a Lexmark Z31 (or any other Lexmark =
inkjet printer) to work?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have on attached to the parallel port on a Sparc =
5.  I used I have it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>set to use "/dev/bpp0".  When I print =
to it (lp -dlexmark filename) nothing </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>prints.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have seen several bug reports in sunsolve with =
people using the following</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>to send print jobs to a Lexmark:</FONT>
</P>

<P>        <FONT SIZE=3D2>cat =
filename > /dev/bpp0</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have not tried this and was wondering if it would =
work?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dennis L. Lund</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P>     - - - - - - -  Appended by =
Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - - =20
<BR>This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is =
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. =
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person =
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the =
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, =
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If =
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender =
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer. </P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0823F.761130C4--