[SunHELP] SSH

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 11:23:44 CST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:01:22 +0000, you wrote:

>Hey,
>I am right now looking to replace my current S-KEY password system with
>ssh.  I have sshd running on a server out side the firewall but that is
>not the box that I need clients to connect to.  The change over process
>will be complex enough for them because they will be switching from
>Keaterm to something like Securecrt.  Anyway I need a way to have them
>"forwarded" to the other machine instead of having them connect to one
>machine and telnet to another....etc.  I am not sure if there is some
>sort of menu program that I could set up so they could then select the
>server they want to connect to.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
>Shain

Solaris 8 supports IPsec out of the box. You may want to establish an IPsec
tunnel between your firewall (which should support this - IPsec is a standard,
and even Microsoft adheres to it) and either the external computers directly or
some kind of gateway on the other side. The advantage is that everything is
secure then and not just terminal sessions, and your users can keep their
Keaterm.

mfg

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Krgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme