[SunHELP] Memory consumption

Naresh Narang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 18 12:14:17 CST 2001

Hi Admins,

I have Solaris 2.6 running on an E-250. After a reboot, 'top' showed a free memory of 104MB out of a total 1GB. After a day, the free memory  reduced to 49MB, with no extra processes or programs running. After 2 days it reduces to 20 MB and starts usinf swap also.

Where is the memory being used. I can't see any new process in top. Is there any specific patch the I am missing here. How do I find out which new process has started today. vmstat is not much help.

Thanks,
Naresh

-- Naresh