[SunHELP] where is as

Martin A. Marques sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 16 13:00:02 CST 2001

El Mar 16 Ene 2001 06:29, escribiste:
> Hi,
>
> as is in the directory /usr/ccs/bin but when you try to compile gcc it find
> in $PATH, so you need export the new path.
>
> $ PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin and then try to compile.
> $ export PATH

The ccs bin-dir is in my path, the applications are not there. That's my
problem.

> If your C compiler is GNU gcc you need to read the webpage:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html
>
> There are bugs and problems with binutils(as,ar..) of SUN and they
> recommend to use GNU bintutils with gcc.

Where can I find pre-compiled GNU binutils for Solaris 7? I couldn't find any
at www.sunfreeware.com.

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martn Marqus			email: 	martin at math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina		http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar