[SunHELP] openwin problems

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 11 21:40:13 CST 2001

i've done this millions of times.  for some odd reason it just doesn't want to
do what it is supposed to this time.

i start up openwin, that file manager crap and that stupid help thinger pop up.
i kill them.  i move the console to the lower right (so it doesn't cover up the
olvwm chooser) and i Utilities -> Save Workspace.

i quit openwin and restart, and guess what.  it's back to the default setup.
all the .openwin* files look kosher, so i don't know why it's doing this.

any ideas?

thanks,

-brian

ps: my 486 that i was using for a server years ago died. (a while ago now) and
i pulled the memory out of it, since i know it was True Parity memory and that
it would work in SUN boxes.  so i though, "cool, memory for my LX" (which has
0MB right now) until i opened the LX and instantly remember that the LX uses
72-pin simms and these are 30-pin simms.  the really interesting thing (and i
was ignorant to this when i put it in the machine since i wasn't as familiar
with sun hardware) is that this is sun barcoded memory.  8x4MB 30-pin simms.
anyone want them?  i'd be happy to trade them for memory for my LX.  i'd
prefer 16MB simms if possible, and would be willing to finacially compensate
whoever traded me 96MB ram for the LX for these things.  i also have a 32MB
sparc2 memory expansion board (the primary one that fits in the the first SBus
slot)