[SunHELP] determining DiskSuite versions

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 4 07:18:01 CST 2001

> The way I do it is "pkginfo -l SUNWmd"

ok, here's the scoop with this.  hopped on my Solaris 8 machine, and that
didn't find anything.  but it does work on the other machines, and here is
why:  the driver package stopped being called SUNWmd when SUN had to start
making 64-bit stuff, so with 64-bit aware copies of DiskSuite (beats me as to
which ones that is, 4.2 maybe? 4.1 doesn't seem to have a clue) the two choices
for packages are SUNWmdr (32-bit) and SUNWmdx (64-bit)

so, your method did work, i just had to modify it for the, uhm, four machines
here that run Solaris 8. :)

cheers,

-brian