[SunHELP] "Upgrading" Solaris and VxVM

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 16:05:43 CST 2001

David,
	I am not familiar with the 16 steps.  I do know that your safest option  is to unencapsulate the drive before upgrading the OS.  This would of course be required for the root drive, but you already said that your root drive is not using VxVM.  In my experience, I have seen that data may be difficult to recover if you don't do this.  But this could be due to my relative lack of experience.  I am by no means a guru.  unencapsulating the drive and uninstalling VxVM before performing the OS upgrade should cause you the least headache.

-hb3