[SunHELP] more VxVM questions... converting to "striped pro"

Austad, Jay sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 19:54:15 CST 2001

I have a striped volume, but I'd like to mirror it also.  Since the later
versions of VxVM support a "Striped Pro" volume which is a strip+mirror
layered volume, I'd like to convert to that.

I brought up the Storage Administrator, and I selected the volume, selected
change layout, selected "Striped Pro", added my additional disks, and
selected OK.  It finished right away, and it said it was "Striped Pro", but
it didn't do anything with my additional disks.

Do I have to manually mirror my volume first and then convert it to "Striped
Pro"?

Jay