[Sunhelp] RE: SAMBA newbie

Frank Carreiro sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 31 09:54:26 CST 2000

I have tried the package install from www.sunfreeware.com and had no
problems with getting SWAT and Samba to come up properly.  I'm running
Solaris 2.8 and it's been running fine for the last few months.

If SWAT is not working when you connect you may want to consider
rebooting your server.  I think you can also restart INETSVC to restart
the services in inetd.conf.  Once the entries to /etc/services and
/etc/inetd.conf were added and the system restarted I was able to get in
and get things going.  SWAT is a great tool and I highly recommend it.

Frank