[Sunhelp] Re: Network Issues

Brian Hechinger wonko at tmok.com
Mon Oct 30 09:43:49 CST 2000

> My mission : To let all the PC's talk to router and ping the systems on the
> internet and browse internet without proxy. Note I should not change the
> IP's of MY PC's . and should use SUN Machine as my gateway for all the PC's.

hmmm.  looks like you have one of two choices.  proxies, or NAT.  since you
don't want to use proxies, take a look at IPFILTER, which will allow you to
do NAT on the SUN.

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html

> Any walk through is appriciated..

after you look at that page and dig through the docs a little (to make sure that
you want to use it) send me an email, and i'll help you out.

cheers,

-brian (wonko at tmok.com)