[Sunhelp] IPX Solaris version?

Kevin Stevens Kevin_Stevens at Bigfoot.com
Mon Oct 30 01:51:17 CST 2000

Ok, I've done my homework on the Sun site, I have a headache now...

Looking through the documentation, it seems that the IPX, or at least the sun4c
architecture, is supported on Sol 7 but no longer on Sol 8?

But there are references in several places within the "Solaris 8 on Sun
Hardware" collection, for example the "Power Management on Sun Hardware", where
it explicitly says that the sun4c architecture is not supported for that
feature.  Is there an implication that the core services ARE supported?

If Sol 8 isn't supported on IPX, how would I go about getting a copy of Sol 7
from Sun?

KeS