[Sunhelp] How do you add /usr/ucb to your PATH

Glover, Duke duke.glover at verizon.com
Wed Oct 25 10:40:12 CDT 2000

Thank you for your response.  I realized after I sent the Email that I left
out a lot of pertinent information.  As I'm sure you can tell I am new to
this OS.  My reason for wanting to do this is as follows:  I am trying to
install an application and the INSTALL file tells me I need to run
./configure.  Well, when I do this it tells me  "checking for gcc... no"

"checking for cc... no"

"configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH"

So I did a find / -name cc -print and found cc in /usr/ucb.  My assumption
(I know what assuming does) was that the ./configure command can't find cc
because it's not in the PATH and therefore I need to add it to the PATH.
What am I doing wrong ?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,

Duke Glover