[Sunhelp] Multiprocessors support in BSD?

Lyndon Griffin lgriffin at Naviant.com
Wed Oct 25 08:48:06 CDT 2000

Not yet...  I've heard that Net will boot on a multi-SPARC, but it only
uses one processor, while Open will not boot at all if there is more than
one processor installed.  I tried building a 2.2.x kernel with
Debian/SPARC (unsuccessfully) about a year ago.  Supposedly, it works.
Things may be better now.  I'm perfectly happy running Solaris 8 on my
10/712.

<:)  Lyndon Griffin
     Sr. Systems Engineer
     Naviant (http://www.naviant.com/)