[Sunhelp] ShowMeTV

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzy.com
Mon Oct 23 11:06:36 CDT 2000

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0530, Ronojoy Adhikari wrote:
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^ set your clock!

| I want to play VCDs (MPEG bitstream stored in the mode-2form-2 sectors)
| using ShowMeTV. Since there is no option for reading VCDs in the file menu
| of ShowMeTV how does one do it ? My OS is Solaris 7, and I know that the
| kernel can read VCDs, but don't know how! Can anybody help ?

I don't know about ShowMeTV, but mpegtv claims to be able to do so
(play VCD's under Solaris.)

http://www.mpegtv.com/player.html

It's shareware and costs $10 to register for personal use.

It works well under Linux.  Haven't tried it with Solaris.

--
Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzy.com      Life - Sexually transmitted, always fatal