[Sunhelp] Sun Type 6 keyboards

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 18 13:12:44 CDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 12:32:27PM -0400, Wingate, Steve [IBM NON J&J] wrote:
> Are all Sun Type 6 keyboards of the USB variety? Somebody is selling one
> that he says is USB, I didn't think Sun made USB peripherals. I like the
> style of the keyboard but obviously I can't use USB on a SPARCstation.

They *do* have USB versions of the Type 6 - I know the manual I had with
my Sun-type 6 talked about it.  I think they were sold for use on the
Sun Ray boxes.  I think the "next generation" of low-end workstations
(replacements for U5/U10) will use USB keyboards and mice as well (at
least I know they have USB, from reading sunsolve bug reports about
using USB zip/jaz drives on them..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford