[Sunhelp] LCD Monitor Compatibility

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Oct 15 20:06:24 CDT 2000

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 06:58:53PM -0400, Brian Hinz wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anyone here know about compatiblity between non-Sun LCD monitors
> and pgx24/32 frame buffers?  The framebuffer faq make a general comment
> that most are incompatible but nothing specific.  I believe that Samsung
> produces the Sun monitors so one of theirs might work.  Just wondering
> before making such a big investment.
> Thanks
> -brian

Actually, I beleive that the PGX24/PGX32 (with the HD15 connectors for
output) shouldw ork with any decent PC LCD display that will handle
1024x768, 1152x900, or 1280x1024.  The PGX24/PGX32 is really no
different than a normal PC video card - in fact, the PGX24 is an ATI RAGE II
chipset, and the PGX32 is a Permedia 2 chipset....

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net