[Sunhelp] About snoop

Martin Wedel sr sun at minor-element.net
Fri Oct 13 01:21:44 CDT 2000

The 'problem' doesn't lie within the sniffer. The whole idea behind
switched networks is that traffic is directed only to the segment where
the destination node is located, no more no less, save broadcast, ARP, etc
etc. No sniffer can get past this, as it can't 'sniff' what it can't
see.
  If you are doing this for a legitimate reason, I suggest using a
mirrored port on the switch for your NIDS/analyzer box.

--
Martin Wedel
sun at minor-element.net
http://www.minor-element.net/