[Sunhelp] Solaris 7 Help

Balaji srinivasan chennai_dude at excite.com
Wed Oct 11 10:03:14 CDT 2000

Hi Admins,
         I have an Ultra 10 Sun 5.7 system for which I installed the
Solaris7 recommended patches that were downloaded from sunsolve.sun.com.
After ths install_cluster script completed I issued reboot command. While
the system was coming up it gave the following msgs and hung

unable to create /var/adm/utmp
unable to create /var/adm/utmpx.

To solve this I think I should just do touch utmp/x in /var/adm. Am I
right?. If so how am I to access the system from OS CD?. As I'm new to this
OS I wanted to know it from experienced guys in this list. Request your
help.

Thanks,
Balaji
Unix Administrator