[Sunhelp] Killed the server.. nosuid in vfstab?

Erik Parker netmask at sinister.com
Mon Oct 9 17:29:19 CDT 2000

Ok.. My lovely server sitting 1500 miles away.. Was setting some stuff up
on it.. The partitioning looks like this:

/
/var
/usr
/usr/local
/home/
/home/eparker
/tmp

I changed /home, /home/eparker, /var, /tmp/ *and* / to have a nosuid mount
option in the /etc/vfstab..

The admins there tell me when it rebooted it complained about not being
able to mount var.. and wanting an fsck.. waiting for the root pw. However
it doesn't respond to any typing at that point.

(this is solaris 8 on x86)

Now in reading: Allow or disallow setuid/setgid  execution. The  default
is   suid.  This  option also allows/disallows opening any device-special
entries that appear within the filesystem.

I read that after the fact.. Would that mean it can't use any devices in
/dev|/devices  ?