[Sunhelp] Normal Keyboard on Sparc??

patl at Phoenix.Volant.ORG patl at Phoenix.Volant.ORG
Fri Oct 6 13:09:13 CDT 2000

On  6-Oct-00 at 10:59, Magnus Abrante (magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com) wrote:
> I had a paper which explained how to construct one, but i lost it :)
> Its not all that difficult, i guess you can find it if you just do a
> query on google or such..
>
> Then there is an easier way, the Sun Rays and Ultra III has USB keyboards..
> so if you have a PC with an USB port... :-)

I've been keeping an eye on that; but some of my machines are old
enough to not have USB; and I need something that will work with a
KVM switch.  Also, USB doesn't always work well at boot.

I've seen a KVM switch with USB; but it looks like it handles the
switching by doing disconnect/reconnect on the keyboard and mouse.
FreeBSD tends to give them new unit numbers on each reconnect.  (I
would really love to find out that I'm wrong about the KVM; and that
it maintains a pseudo connection for the keyboard the way good KVMs
do for PS2 style keyboards.)

-Pat