[Sunhelp] jumpstart

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Fri Oct 6 03:18:26 CDT 2000

>  1.The setup donot have any naming services except DNS and for our setup
>  =
>  we should not setup nis.

Add to the sysidcfg file:
nameservice=DNS
{domain_name=your.domain
name_server=10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2,10.0.0.3
search=your.main.domain,some.other.domain,yet.another.domain}

Eg, if you have more than one nameserver or search you separate the
nameservers / searchs by a comma.

>  2.I had configured the --sysidcfg--- file as mentioned in Advanced =
>  installation guide.But,if ido add_install_client -p pathtosysidcfg =
>  client sun4c and after making entry for jumpstart dir entry in =
>  bootparams for all m/c`s clients not taking locale parameters but it is
>  =
>  working fine after taking locale params thru key board.

The best place to specify the locale is in the profile for the machine,
eg the same file as in which you specify disklayout and which cluster
to install.

For example:
locale en_US

Regards

	        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */