[SunHELP] Not enough memory roor

Naser Ali sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 14:28:56 CST 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05B0C.2998F880

Hello every one,

I am experiencing a weired problem here. The system has 16 gig of physical
memory. It is Solaris 2.6, oracle 8.1.6 and SUN E10k environment.

Kerenel parameters are set at optimum. But when we try to bump up oracle
parameters especially db_block_buffer and shared memory, it complains about
not enough space.
Now is that a oracle problem or Solaris 2.6 problem with 4 gig memory
limitation. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

skgm warning: Not enough physical memory for SHM_SHARE_MMU segment of size
0000000012442000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05B0C.2998F880

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Not enough memory roor</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello every one,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am experiencing a weired problem here. The system =
has 16 gig of physical memory. It is Solaris 2.6, oracle 8.1.6 and SUN =
E10k environment.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Kerenel parameters are set at optimum. But when we =
try to bump up oracle parameters especially db_block_buffer and shared =
memory, it complains about not enough space.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now is that a oracle problem or Solaris 2.6 problem =
with 4 gig memory limitation. Any pointers will be much =
appreciated.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>skgm warning: Not enough physical memory for =
SHM_SHARE_MMU segment of size 0000000012442000</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C05B0C.2998F880--