[SunHELP] RE: recovering deleted files

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 14:11:14 CST 2000

I'd check the fsdb_ufs(1M) man page before concluding that
it's not possible to recover a file.  The link may have
been removed from the parent directory, but the inode
may still be present on disk.

It's possible to recover an unlinked file on Linux using
fsdb.  It's probably possible on other UNIXes as well; I
just haven't had occasion to do it on them.

Regards,

Nick Dronen