[SunHELP] Crash Dump

Trung Pham sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 29 12:18:46 CST 2000

Hello there,

Does anyone know how to make Sun systems running Solaris 2.6 reboot by
itself when
a crash occurs with dump crash enabled on the system ?

Here is my situation, my E420 server running 2.6 with crash dump enabled.
The NVRAM
auto-boot?=true (which is enabled for auto rebooting). The system crash
which happened
beause of the E-cache issue brought the system down to the OK prompt and
stayed there
(because of the crash dump is enabled)  until I physically  went to the
console and typed
"sync" command at OK promt to create core dump and reboot the system.

I would like to have both core dump created and system rebooted by itself.
Let me know if
some of you know how to . Thank you very much.

- Trung -