[SunHELP] scsi adapters

James Lockwood sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 27 00:12:51 CST 2000

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Kalyandurga, Mohammed I wrote:

> Sun has PCI SCSI card. You can buy a SUN SCSI PCI card. Part Number for SUN
> Dual Channel Single Ended Ultr-Wide SCSI card is 375-0005 and SUN dual
> Channel Diffrential Ultra-Wide SCSI card is 375-0006. Note that You need to
> have atleast OBP version of 3.11v9..( This solves some bugs)..

The Sun cards are direct Symbios OEM cards:

Dual Channel Single Ended UW is a SYM22801
Dual Channel Differential UE is a SYM22802
Single Channel Single Ended UW is a SYM8751SP

>  or I think sometime back i read on List that some one used ADAPTEC PCI
> CARDS made for PC's also on ultra 5..

Not recommended.  Get the Symbios cards, other cards which use the same
chipset and follow the Symbios reference design should work.  The 8751SP
is often available on Ebay for under $50.

-James