[SunHELP] Star Office Install

Brödersen Jacob K Civ ACC/DRKI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 22 09:26:48 CST 2000

I took the big leap and installed StarOffice on my Ultra 1 (Solaris 7) last
night.  Aside from having to install some patches before I could do the
install, it went remarkably well.

The last message I got before rebooting was that I should update the
workspace menu so that the changes would take effect.  I assumed StarOffice
would appear somewhere in the menu, but even after rebooting I couldn't find
it.

Question (and this may seem silly):  Where is the StarOffice main
executable?  i.e., how do I launch the application?  I have scoured the
directory that I installed it in, and have found the install script, but not
the main program.  Where is it hidden?  Once I find it and I can put in on
the menu where it belongs.  It would be helpful to have the name of the
file, but the relative location would be of most use.

Thanks,

Jake

Jacob K. Brdersen III
Principal Engineer, Sverdrup Technology, Inc.
HQ ACC/DRKI
DSN 574-1911
COMM (757) 764-1911
jacob.brodersen2 at langley.af.mil