[SunHELP] Using Ufsdump command as Oracle account - HELP

Tope Songonuga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 22 03:57:30 CST 2000

Hi guys

I've been trying to use the Ufsdump command as Oracle but I keep getting the
following error:

	$ /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /export/home/oracle/dba/log
	DUMP: Cannot open dump device `/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0': Permission denied

However, I am able to run the ufsrestore command as the same user.

For your information, this particular user belongs to the sysadm group as
well.

I have tried everything I know (considering that my Unix experience is
limited), to no avail, and I would appreciate any suggestions from you gurus
out there.

Regards.

Tope