[SunHELP] UFS logging worth it?

Dark Age sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 21 12:51:33 CST 2000

Bill Wrote....

>Seagate ST34310A.  Appears that write caching IS enabled by default;
>however,
>I cant remember how to change this setting.  I've done it once before with
>Solaris on a different kind of IDE drive, I thought it was an option in
the "format" command, but cant find it now....

Most, if not all, newer Seagate IDE drives have a special jumper setting
that will boot a special diag/setup that is built into the drive, from there
you can turn off or change the cacheing, of course you will probably need to
drop the drive in a PC since it appears to be DOS based.

Don't know how you would do it with format, unless the "expert" mode of
format works with ide drives...

My 2 cents worth....