[SunHELP] UFS logging worth it?

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 21 07:40:41 CST 2000

Hi Magnus,

|Let me correct my previous message, if you dont have the logging
|turned on in the /etc/vfstab, the file system wont know that it is
|a logging filesystem upon reboot, thus it wont be using the logs
|for the fcsk. So if you just did a remount and turned on the logging
|feature without adding it to /etc/vfstab i dont think it will work.

I've just been and check the vfstab file on one of the machines here
on which I was having to do the manual fscks. Must confess I'd never checked
it until now but there
are two entries for each filesystem, one commented out. The commented
version has logging enabled
the active one doesn't. I'll need to find out from the poeple who installed
the machine why this is
the way it is. The box is a dual CPU E450 running Solaris8.

This'll teach me to be a bit more thorough in knowing systems I inherit.

Cheers

Joe

MetaPack
The Lightwell
12/16 Laystall Street
Clerkenwell
London EC1R 4PF
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7843 6720
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7843 6721
This email is confidential and proprietary;
all information contained in it must be used only by the addressee in
accordance with MetaPack's terms of business and non-disclosure agreement.
Disclosure, copying, and distribution to, or use by, anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.