[Sunhelp] gcc install problems

Brödersen Jacob K Civ ACC/DRKI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 15 08:22:58 CST 2000

Morning all,

I'm setting up an Ultra 1, running Solaris 7.  I downloaded gcc compiler
version 2.95.2 last night from sunfreeware.com.  I unzipped the file and
tried to install it with pkgadd, but it wouldn't work.  I pg'd the unzipped
file and it appears to be a package datastream.

I believe I had the syntax correct:  pkgadd -d . /dirname
yet, pkgadd didn't detect any packages.  I've had trouble with this before,
but eventually found a way to install this.   This time, I'm stuck.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

Jacob K. Brdersen III
Principal Engineer, Sverdrup Technology, Inc.
HQ ACC/DRKI
DSN 574-1911
COMM (757) 764-1911
jacob.brodersen2 at langley.af.mil