[Sunhelp] Dual CPU SPARC20

Alan Robinson sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 14 14:36:35 CST 2000

From: "Mike Gracy \(Ghost Rider\)" <mgracy at xuma.com>
To: <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
Subject: RE: [Sunhelp] Dual CPU SPARC20
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:30:35 -0800

Mike Gracy \(Ghost Rider\ wrote
> I ran the same combo you are running on my SS10 for a while (had nothing
but
> trouble-compiles were usually buggy and phantom memory leaks abounded),

I will admit that I haven't really pushed the SM71/SM61 dual processor
configuration too much. I do use it for compiles (no problems seen - yet), and
for backups of my home network using Amanda, as well as running Seti at home
(sometimes while backing up). What I haven't done is to run the machine for
extended lengths of time (over 12 hours), or use it in a mission-critical
application. BTW I am running Solaris 7 with 128 MB of RAM. I wonder if the
newer versions of Solaris are more tolerant.

> butI finally broke down and bid on a matched pair of Ross 150s. Now my SS10
> just ROCKS! I'm personally for the matched set of processors situation.
> You can find some of the older ones pretty cheap on eBay.

I would love to grab a pair of those!! Actually I will most likely get another
SM71 for now. The Ross 150s are still a bit pricy for me.

Alan Robinson