[Sunhelp] Re: DSL question (kinda offtopic)

Brian Hechinger wonko at tmok.com
Fri Nov 3 08:44:49 CST 2000

> My DSL provided wants to charge me business rates (costs 7x more), so
> I'm wondering what other providers polocies are.

i'm in eastern PA, i use DCA Net (www.dca.net, or www.dcanet.com)

i have a 1.5Mbps down 384Kbps up ADSL line.  i pay $79/month for it.

i also get 6 static IP addresses (i could have had 14, but i didn't really
need them, even if they didn't cost me anything) and no flack about what i do.

their attitude is, "you pay for the bandwidth, you can do whatever the hell
you want with it."

read my review on dslreports of DCA Net.  support this company, they rock.
i've called up my technical contact (they don't have many) just to ask
general IP questions that had nothing to do with my line, and he was more
than happy to answer them.  i wanted reverse DNS to match my domain, and
they were more than happy to set that up for me.

i have never lost my link with these guys.  their border routers went down
a couple times.  turned out to be a buggy version of IOS, they took the
routers down, flashed the newest IOS onto them, and i haven't seen the
routers go down since.

ok, i've gone on enough about this company.  in summary: you can't get a
better deal from a better company.  DCA Net is the cat's meow of DSL ISPs.

check it out, if you are in their area, get it.  now.

-brian