[Sunhelp] How do I make permanent route settings?

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 2 15:25:03 CST 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Kalusniak, Jeff wrote:

| oops, I read too fast.  I thought he was just looking to add a route.
|
| Dale -
|
| I solved my problem....for some reason, the card was missed on the first
| reconfig boot.  I rebooted with the -v option and the second time around it
| picked up my card.
|
| I guess I never realized you could plumb an interface even though it hadn't
| been detected at boot, etc.  So, I could ping it, but it wasn't functional.

Ah, cool. Yes, the driver for a ethernet card, from what I've observed, is
loaded when ifconfig first does a action on the interface type.

so, if you do a 'modinfo | grep qfe' and see nothing, and then 'ifconfig
qfe0 plumb', and do the 'modinfo | grep qfe' again, you'll see that the
qfe driver is now loaded.

Cool, I guess.

Of course, a drvconfig/boot -r will force all applicable drivers for a
system to be loaded, regardless of whether they're being utilized or not.

/dale